Nov 9 2012
According to History.com, there are approximately 23.2 million military veterans in the United States. On Veteran’s Day, November 11, many companies give back to veterans with special deals and free meals, like the deals listed here. While one day can never begin to express our gratitude, we set aside Veteran’s Day to remember the service, to recognize the courage, and to honor veterans with deep respect and admiration. Year-round, Webster shows our appreciation to the brave men and women who serve our country with a Military Banking Program that provides veterans with a variety of checking, savings, ATM and loan discounts:
Webster’s Military Banking Program
1. WebsterOne Checking Account
No Monthly Fee or Minimum Balance Requirement for our WebsterOne Relationship Checking Account.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Free WebsterOne Checks & Travelers Cheques
- Free WebsterOne Savings with higher rates
- Free Foreign ATM’s (No Webster fee)
- Free International ATM’s and rebates of other bank’s ATM surcharges
2. Personal Loan Benefits
- $500 Mortgage Rebate – Rebate credited at time of closing.
- Home Equity Lines: .25% off the interest rate when auto deduct is set up with a WebsterOne Relationship checking account.
- Home Equity Loans: .25% off the interest rate in addition to the .25% off that you already receive with an auto-deduct from your WebsterOne Relationship checking account.
- Personal Loans: In addition to your Auto Deduct discount, .50% off the interest rate (Auto & Personal unsecured) with auto deduct from your WebsterOne Relationship checking account.
- All loans and Lines are subject to credit approval.
3. Business Loan Benefits
- Discounts to military personnel or veterans who own a business or are looking to start a business through the SBA Patriot Express program.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible for this offer? (Must have proper proof)
- Any retired veteran.
- Active duty person/soldier currently serving full-time or part time. (Can be in any branch of our armed forces including the National Guard or armed forces Reserves.)
2. What identification is needed to process the benefits?
- A customer must show a valid military ID or their discharge papers. However any retired, active duty or Reserve personnel should have a military ID.
- Only one military account per family is allowed.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.websteronline.com/personal/products-services/checking-services/military_banking.html or visit your local branch to talk to one of our specialty Type W bankers. Please let us know any questions about our military program in the comments below, and thank you for your service to our country.