Jan 25 2013
If you’re a college student, chances are you’re under a lot of stress juggling school, work, family and friends, not to mention your finances. According to the The Inceptia Financial Stress survey , the top five stressors for college students are:
- the need to repay loans
- the cost of education
- borrowing money for college
- the need to find a job after school
- the academic challenge of course work
The survey also found that financial stress has a negative impact on academic performance or progress. We would like to help you alleviate some of that financial stress with our new student checking account, designed just for you.
Student Checking Benefits
Our brand new Student Checking Account comes with a slew of great benefits for college students including fee rebates, insufficient available funds forgiveness, and no monthly service charge just for starters. Here’s a breakdown of some of the benefits:
- No minimum balance or direct deposit requirements
- No monthly service charge for five years
- Waiver of your first 4 Webster fees per statement cycle when you use another bank’s ATM
- 1 rebate of another bank’s ATM fee per statement cycle
- 1 insufficient funds fee automatically refunded per academic year (September – August)
- Free Webster Visa® debit card for fast and easy purchases
- UConn® Huskies™ branded debit card and checks available upon request (Note: Student Checking Account is available to students enrolled in any college and is not limited to UConn)
- Free Online Banking, including online bill pay & mobile banking
- No limit on the number of paper checks
- Free paperless Statement eDelivery
- Balance alerts to help you avoid overdrafts
- 24/7 banking at our ATM network
- Twitter and Facebook communities for service questions and exclusive content
- Financial advice from our Type W Bankers on our blog, The Bank Roll
To see all the details and sign up for your account online, click here.
Refer-A-Friend and You Both Get $50
Once you open your student checking account, you can invite your friends to open and use any type personal checking account and you’ll both get $50 Visa Reward card! To learn more about the program, read our blog post here. Or you can go directly to the referral site and start inviting your friends by clicking here.
How to Open Your Student Checking Account
This account is available to eligible customers who wish to either open a new account or convert an existing one. After five years it converts to an eChecking account. If you forget to submit a valid college student ID or don’t sign up for Balance Alerts and statement eDelivery within 60 days, it will convert to an eChecking account.
To open your student checking account, you will need to have a valid college student ID. You can set up an account online, at any Webster Bank branch, or by calling our Customer Care Center at 800-995-9995. You will need to log in to Webster Online and enroll in eDelivery, accept the eDelivery disclosures, and sign up for Balance Alerts.
This account is available to eligible customers who wish to either open a new account or convert an existing one. After five years it converts to eChecking account. If you forget to submit a valid college student ID and/or don’t sign up for Balance Alerts and/or statement eDelivery within 60 days, it will convert to an eChecking account.
We’re excited to unveil this new account and want to hear your feedback. Let us know any questions or comments below.